Recertification is the process of renewing your certification. As an IT professional, it is critical that you keep your certifications current. Customers want assurance that they are working with partners who have the most up to date knowledge and skills. Additionally, your employer may rely on your certification to maintain their HPE partner program status. Recertification ensures the investments you have made in your skills and in achieving your HPE certification are protected.
How to recertify
Upgrading to the next version of the certification you hold requires that you register for and pass the appropriate HPE Certification and Learning certification exam(s) stipulated by the new certification. Not all of your current certifications may need to be upgraded.
We recognize the investment you have made in developing your skillset and achieving your HPE certification. When appropriate for the technology and skillset, we offer upgrade paths enabling you to move between certification versions more quickly. Upgrade paths focus on the critical changes within the competencies you hold, that warrant a revalidation of your skills. Visit "View all certifications" and select "Upgrade paths only" from the menu on the left side of the page to determine whether your certification has an upgrade path.
Upgrade paths are not offered for all certifications. If an upgrade path is not available, and you need a newer certification, follow the new candidate path for the new certification. Upgrade paths are limited time offers and have an inactive or end date. Professionals who fail to achieve the upgrade path requirements by this date will need to complete the entire exam process for the new certification as a new candidate.
Expiration of certifications
HPE reviews all certifications annually. Certifications that include outdated skills or technology, retired products, or certifications that are no longer applicable to HPE partner programs will be expired. The length of time a certification is active may vary depending upon technology and solution requirements.
If you hold a certification that is designated to expire and do not hold any other subsequent non-expiring certification within the same technology portfolio, you will receive an expiration notice. This notice will be sent in advance of the actual certification expiration date. The expiration notice will direct you to My Learning where you will find a recommended current certification to achieve.
Failure to obtain a new certification by the expiration date could result in the loss of program benefits if you do not hold any other non-expired certifications at the same level.
Recommended Recertification timeframes
Technology is evolving at a rapid pace. It is recommended that you take advantage of new versions of certifications and upgrade paths to keep your validated skillsets up to date and competitive. Certifications are reviewed yearly for technology and competency changes and HPE partner programs refresh the program criteria on an annual basis.
|Certification type||Recertification required by|
|All career certifications (ATP, ASE, MASE, Product Certified) accepted in HPE partner programs||Deadline stipulated by HPE partner program criteria on a yearly basis|
|All career certifications (ATP, ASE, MASE, Product Certified) not accepted in any HPE partner programs||Inactive/end date of your upgrade path opportunity|
|All partner restricted certifications (Sales Certified)||Deadline stipulated by HPE partner program criteria on a yearly basis|
- Visit the My Learning portal and view the certifications you have achieved under "Training History".
- Consult your HPE partner program guide to learn which certification versions are currently accepted in the program.
- To determine whether your certifications have upgrade paths available, go to "View all certifications" and select "Upgrade paths only". If no upgrade path is being offered, find the most current and active certification under "View all certifications".
- Prepare for your upgrade exam by completing the recommended training course. The course schedule and locations are found in the HPE Certification and Learning training calendar. Self study guides are available through HPE Press.
- Register for the certification exam(s) at Pearson VUE's online exam registration.
- View all certifications
- View all certification exams
- View all certification training courses
- Inactive and expired certifications
- View all certifications for HPE employees
- Contact our program
- My Learning portal (Login required)