In this exam you will be tested on topics such as OpenFlow, Software-defined Network (SDN) use cases, high-availability feature for the HP SDN VAN Controller, installing and configuring the SDN controller and designing Software-defined network solutions with HPE applications such as HP Network Protector SDN Application.
This certification exam is designed for candidates with “on the job” experience. The associated training course, which includes numerous design and hands on lab activities, provides a foundation, but you are expected to have experience in the real world as well.
Who should take this exam?
- HP ATP - FlexNetwork Solutions V2
- HP AIS - Network Infrastructure 
Candidates who have one of the following certifications and want to acquire the HP ASE - FlexNetwork Architect V2 or the HP ASE - FlexNetwork Integrator V1 certification:
- HP ASE - Wireless Networks 
- HP ASE - Network Infrastructure 
- HP ASE - Network Architect V1
- Cisco CCNP (any), CCDP(*), Juniper JNCIP-ENT, JNCIP-WLAN, H3CSE
* This Cisco certification must have been achieved or renewed within the last three years
Exam contentsThis exam has 55 questions. Here are types of questions to expect:
- Multiple choice (single response)
- Multiple choice (multiple responses)
- Multiple choice (single response), scenario based
- Multiple choice (multiple responses), scenario based
Tips for taking this exam
Exhibits can be for example:
- Network topologies
- Abstracts of switch configuration file output
- Commands and command output
This exam presents all the questions in a single block. The candidate agreement is presented first, followed by the exam introduction and instructions. Once you click the Next Question button on the instructions page, the questions will be presented one at a time. You can move from question to question, skip questions, and change your answers. However, once you submit your answers, you cannot return to review those questions or change your answers.
Here are some additional tips:
- Use the Next Question / Previous Question buttons to move forward and backward between questions. The Submit button will appear when you reach the last question.
- Use the Assessment Navigator to jump between questions in a block and to review flagged questions. To do this, click the Assessment Navigator button and select the question you want to navigate to. Flagged questions are indicated above the item number in the upper left corner. The Assessment Navigator also uses different shading to indicate answered versus unanswered items.
- Use the Assessment Navigator to launch the calculator tool by clicking the Calculator button at the bottom.
Figure 1: Assessment Navigator
Take the time to read the entire question and consider all of the options carefully before you answer. If the question indicates that it features an exhibit, study the exhibit and reread the question. Make sure to select the answer that correctly responds to the question that is asked — not simply an answer that includes some correct information. If the question asks for more than one answer, remember to select each correct answer. You will not receive partial credit for a partially correct answer.
Fundamental SDN architectures and technologies
HP SDN solutions and offerings
HP SDN solution planning and design
HP SDN solution implementation Identify and describe network, hardware, software, and license requirements for the HP VAN SDN Controller implementation.
HP SDN solution enhancement
HP SDN solution management
These questions help you access whether you are ready to take the exam. Answers to the sample questions are provided at the end of the document. To view sample questions, print or download this page.
Print or download this page.
- View all certifications
- View all certification exams
- View all certification training courses
- Credit for third-party achievements
- Contact our program
- My Learning portal (Login required)