|Exam type||Proctored exam taken at dedicated testing center|
|Exam duration||1 hour 55 minutes|
|Exam length||60 questions|
|Supporting courses||These recommended courses help you prepare for the exam:|
|Additional study materials|
You will need an HPE Learner ID and a Pearson VUE login and password.
During the exam, you can make specific comments about the exam and items. HPE welcomes these comments as part of our continuous improvement process.
No online or hard copy reference material will be allowed at the testing site. This exam may contain beta test items for experimental purposes.
In this exam you will be tested on topics like LAN, WAN and WLAN designs in Campus and Datacenter network solutions.
Ideal candidate for this exam
Exam contentsThis exam has 60 questions. Here are types of questions to expect:
- Multiple choice (multiple responses)
- Multiple choice (single response)
- Scenarios with multiple questions
- Pull down menu selection
Advice to help you take this exam
- Network topologies
- Abstracts of switch configuration file output
- Commands and command output This exam presents all the questions in a single block. The candidate agreement is presented first, followed by the exam introduction and instructions. Once you click the Next Question button on the instructions page, the questions will be presented one at a time. You can move from question to question, skip questions, and change your answers. However, once you submit your answers, you cannot return to review those questions or change your answers. Here are some additional tips:
- Use the Next Question / Previous Question buttons to move forward and backward between questions. The Submit button will appear when you reach the last question.
- Use the Assessment Navigator to jump between questions in a block and to review flagged questions. To do this, click the Assessment Navigator button and select the question you want to navigate to. Flagged questions are indicated above the item number in the upper left corner. The Assessment Navigator also uses different shading to indicate answered versus unanswered items.
- Use the Assessment Navigator to launch the calculator tool by clicking the Calculator button at the bottom. When you begin the exam the total number of questions will display. To estimate how much time you should allow per question, divide the total time by the number of questions. For this exam, you will have an average of just less than two minutes per question. Some questions are more complex and will require more time. You might want to answer the questions you know first. If a question is taking too much time, flag it using the Assessment Navigator, and then return to it later.
Fundamental networking architectures and technologies
HPE Networking products, solutions, and service offerings
Solution planning and design
Solution implementation (install, configure, setup)
These sample questions provide a preview of questions to expect on the exam. Although these questions will not appear on the exam, they are representative of exam questions and should help you become familiar with the format and complexity.
To view sample questions, print or download this page.
- View all certifications
- View all certification exams
- View all certification training courses
- Credit for third-party achievements
- Contact our program
- My Learning portal (Login required)