|Exam type||Proctored exam taken at dedicated testing center|
|Exam duration||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Exam length||55 questions|
|Supporting courses||These recommended courses help you prepare for the exam:|
|Additional study materials|
You will need an HPE Learner ID and a Pearson VUE login and password.
This exam may contain beta test items for experimental purposes. During the exam, you can make specific comments about the items (i.e. accuracy, appropriateness to audience, etc.). HPE welcomes these comments as part of our continuous improvement process. No online or hard copy reference material will be allowed at the testing site.
You will be tested on networking technology topics such as Quality of Service (QoS), Router Redundancy (VRRP), Multicasting (IGMP, PIM-DM and PIM-SM), Dynamic Routing (OSPF and BGP) and Security technologies such as, ACL and Port Authentication (802.1X, Mac-Auth and Web-Auth). You will also be tested on network virtualization technologies such as Intelligent Resilient Framework (IRF), as well as your ability to enable and manage network resources, services, and users with HP Intelligent Management Center (IMC).
Who should take this exam?
Exam contentsThis exam has 55 questions. Here are types of questions to expect:
- Multiple choice (multiple responses), scenario based
- Multiple choice (single response), scenario based
- Pull down menu selection
- Point and click
Tips for taking this exam
- Network topologies
- Abstracts of switch configuration file output
- Commands and command output
This exam presents all the questions in a single block. The candidate agreement is presented first, followed by the exam introduction and instructions. Once you click the Next Question button on the instructions page, the questions will be presented one at a time. You can move from question to question, skip questions, and change your answers. However, once you submit your answers, you cannot return to review those questions or change your answers. Here are some additional tips:
- Use the Next Question / Previous Question buttons to move forward and backward between questions. The Submit button will appear when you reach the last question.
- Use the Assessment Navigator to jump between questions in a block and to review flagged questions. To do this, click the Assessment Navigator button and select the question you want to navigate to. Flagged questions are indicated above the item number in the upper left corner. The Assessment Navigator also uses different shading to indicate answered versus unanswered items.
- Use the Assessment Navigator to launch the calculator tool by clicking the Calculator button at the bottom.
Figure 1: Assessment Navigator
Take the time to read the entire question and consider all of the options carefully before you answer. If the question indicates that it features an exhibit, study the exhibit and reread the question. Make sure to select the answer that correctly responds to the question that is asked — not simply an answer that includes some correct information. If the question asks for more than one answer, remember to select each correct answer. You will not receive partial credit for a partially correct answer.
Fundamental FlexNetwork architectures and technologies
HPE FlexNetwork products, solutions, and service offering
HPE FlexNetwork solution implementation (install, configure, setup)
HPE FlexNetwork solution enhancement
These questions help you access whether you are ready to take the exam. Answers to the sample questions are provided at the end of the document. To view sample questions, print or download this page.
Print or download this page.
- View all certifications
- View all certification exams
- View all certification training courses
- Credit for third-party achievements
- Contact our program
- My Learning portal (Login required)