This exam tests your ability to demonstrate, deploy and manage HP Project and Portfolio Management Center 9.x Software to provide IT executives with real-time visibility into strategic and operational demand, including in-flight projects, programs and ongoing maintenance activities, whether you’re working under supervision of a senior consultant in small or medium enterprise settings, or as part of a team tasked with automationand enforcement of demand aggregation and project and portfolio management processes in a complex environment. Knowledge of business requirements, technical prerequisites and constraints when deploying and managing a business class installation is assumed. You will need to demonstrate knowledge of the benefits that the HP Project and Portfolio Management Center 9.x Software provide, by enabling IT to rapidly identify and prioritize the projects and initiatives to sustain alignment with enterprise or corporate goals.
Ideal candidate for this exam
The ideal candidate for this exam is a presales technical consultant, a solution architect or an implementer working in a team or under the supervision of a senior consultant when dealing with complex, enterprise wide deployments. The most successful candidates have at least three months (and preferably more than six months) of real world experience implementing and maintaining medium complexity demand, project and portfolio management solutions with HP Project and Portfolio Management Center Software. You will also need sufficient experience and fluency with the basics of time reporting and project scheduling, demand workflows, portfolio planning, detailed project plans and financial project metrics.
This exam has 71 questions.
Here are types of questions to expect:
- Multiple choice (multiple responses)
- Multiple choice (single response)
Advice to help you take this exam
Rather than emphasize simple memorization, this exam attempts to assess whether you have the knowledge and skills that a system availability and performance engineer requires on the job. Therefore, some questions feature exhibits or scenarios. You will have an average of about ninety seconds per question.
Read the entire question and consider all options before you answer. If the question includes an exhibit, study the exhibit and read the question again. Select the answer that fully responds to the question. If the question asks for more than one answer, select all correct answers. There is no partial credit.
This exam validates that you can successfully perform the following:
Identify and describe PPM general concepts
- Identify and describe the characteristics and usage of PPM entities.
- Identify and describe options for creating PPM entities.
- Identify and describe options for locating and retrieving PPM entities.
- Describe the updates that can be made to an entity and how to make them.
- Identify and describe the options for personalizing dashboard pages and portlets.
- Identify and describe PPM modules.
- Describe the PPM licensing model options and dependencies.
- Define PPM system architecture.
- Identify prerequisites for installing PPM.
- Install PPM.
Configure and maintain the PPM installation
- Configure the PPM installation.
- Perform maintenance tasks.
Perform administrative tasks
- Start and stop PPM Center server.
- Install a service pack.
- Identify backup and failover options that can be implemented in a PPM System.
- Monitor activity in PPM Center.
- Monitor PPM performances.
Perform operational tasks
- Manage users and security.
- Manage dashboard portlets and modules.
- Work with PPM entities.
Design and implement processes in PPM
- Build workflows.
- Build step sources.
- Build request headers and request types.
- Configure request type fields.
- Control data integrity using validations.
- Configure a Request process.
- Automate system executions in requests.
- Integrate parallel request processes.
Identify basic module usage and configurations
- Work with projects and project options.
- Manage resources.
- Work with Financial Management.
- Manage Workplans.
- Work with Time Management.
- Manage the Portfolio.
Recognize solutions and integrations
- Integrate with Microsoft Project.
- Describe integrations with other HPE products.
- Describe integrations with third party products (documentum).
- Describe the role of PPM in the IT Performance Suite.