Pearson VUE exam delivery systems are now operational and all scheduling has resumed. For security reasons, you will be prompted to reset your password.
For questions or support, please contact Pearson VUE customer service.
|| Proctored exam taken at dedicated testing center
||1 hour 45 minutes
||English, Simplified Chinese, Japanese, Korean
These recommended courses help you prepare for the exam:
Register for this Exam
During the exam, you can make specific comments about the exam and items. HPE welcomes these comments as part of our continuous improvement process.
No online or hard copy reference material will be allowed at the testing site. This exam may contain beta test items for experimental purposes.
This exam tests your skills on HP SiteScope products and solutions, fundamental architectures and technologies, plan and design for a deployable solution, Installation, configuration, setup, and upgrade, performance tuning and optimization, troubleshooting and repair, environment monitoring, administrative and operational tasks.
Who should take this exam?
The exam is intended for technical personnel who demo, perform Proof of Concept, and under supervision of a senior consultant will implement, configure, and manage HP SiteScope 11.x Software
This exam has 70 questions.
Here are types of questions to expect:
- Multiple choice (multiple responses)
- Multiple choice (single response)
Tips for taking this exam
You are not required to take the associated courses; however, HPE strongly recommends that you complete the training and thoroughly review all course materials and documents before taking the exam. Sufficient on the job experience may also be required.
This exam validates that you can successfully perform the following:
HP SiteScope products and solutions
- Describe SiteScope key features.
- Specify all phases of the monitoring process.
- Identify SiteScope’s position within HPE BTO Software product family.
- Identify SiteScope methods to integrate data from third-party applications
into HP BSM.
- Describe various SiteScope uses.
Fundamental architectures and technologies
- Describe the SiteScope monitoring approach.
- List standard protocols SiteScope uses to monitor IT infrastructure.
- List connection methods SiteScope uses to access remote Windows and
- Describe key components included in the SiteScope monitoring model.
- Categorize SiteScope monitoring into three conceptual levels.
- Describe how SiteScope performs agentless monitoring for Windows and
Plan and design for a deployable solution
- Describe recommended steps to set up a SiteScope monitoring environment.
- Describe reasons for using heartbeats and dependencies in SiteScope.
- Cite examples of heartbeat monitors for Windows and UNIX machines.
- Describe the grouping approach in SiteScope.
- List main principles to follow when developing a grouping model.
- Describe factors to consider when planning the monitoring strategy.
- Describe SiteScope recommended implementation flow.
- Identify main guiding principles when developing comprehensive naming
Installation, configuration, setup, and upgrade
- Describe SiteScope installation requirements.
- Describe common SiteScope sizing considerations.
- Describe licensing.
- Describe installation/upgrade flow.
- Validate the installation.
- Identify and describe special installation requirements.
Performance tuning and optimization
- Identify the configuration tool used to optimize SiteScope performance.
- Identify considerations for optimizing alerts.
- Differentiate heartbeat monitor and use from common monitors.
- Identify factors that have the greatest impact on SiteScope performance.
- Identify the appropriate bandwidth for SiteScope optimal performance.
- Describe methods to avoid network related issues.
- Identify methods that can be used to manage remotely.
- Identify locations where SiteScope should not be deployed.
- Identify total monitor capacity and velocity per SiteScope server.
- Identify prerequisites and describe basic SiteScope tuning.
Troubleshooting and repair
- Work with log files.
- Identify uses of the Health Page.
- Recognize monitor problems (credential, connection, skipping)
- Identify appropriate troubleshooting tools.
- Recognize unexpected startup and shutdown problems.
- Identify the steps to configure a SiteScope monitor.
- Identify the steps to configure an alert.
- Describe how to apply a solution template.
- Describe recommended base level monitors and reasons for
- Identify where to locate SiteScope issues.
- Configure user permissions.
- Identify actions to perform to stop monitoring during scheduled downtimes.
- Troubleshoot the monitor execution using the regular expression tool.
- Identify the default frequency for most monitors.
- Describe the use of a CSV file to deploy a template.
- Describe the steps to configure reports.
Administrative and operational tasks
- Describe methods to set up Remote Servers.
- Identify the files/directory that should be backed up.
- Identify available information resources such as Help files and SiteScope
- Handle alerts.
- Describe how Quick Help is activated and deactivated
Join the conversation
Valuable and relevant learning resources developed before the Hewlett-Packard Company separation might contain some content and brand elements that have not been updated for Hewlett Packard Enterprise. Learning resources with the highest usage will be updated.