This course is approximately 50% lecture and 50% learning activities and hands-on lab exercises.
Who should attend
- Explain what SDN means, from a technical and a business perspective
- Understand how SDN can be integrated in the HPE FlexNetwork Architecture through SDN use cases
- Explain and understand how OpenFlow is the open-standard transport mechanism used for making SDN possible
- Understand how OpenFlow enables the separation of the control and data planes
- Understand the difference between OpenFlow 1.0 and 1.3
- Explain and understand how SDN can enhance the network performance, security and simplification, via applications such as Sentinel
- Understand what it takes to transition from traditional networking to Software-defined Networking
- Install and configure the HPE VAN SDN Controller
- Understand and configure how the HPE VAN SDN controller communicates with different components, both internal and external to the controller, via secure channels
- Explain the HPE VAN SDN Controller RESTful API, including information about RSDoc
- Demonstrate how to use a script to make API calls, focusing on application implementation rather than development of applications
- Configure a controller team to provide high availability in a SDN environment
How to register
View the Certification and Learning Global Training Calendar to register for the training offerings that best meets your needs.
Policies, fees and cancellations
Course fees may vary and are established and collected by the training center delivering the course. Cancellation fees may apply. Contact your HPE Authorized Training Partner for their respective policies.
- View all certifications
- View all certification exams
- View all certification training courses
- Credit for third-party achievements
- Contact our program
- My Learning portal (Login required)